Monday, April 9, 2012

‘Zanjeer’ remake: Mahie Gill plays Mona Darling

‘Zanjeer’ remake: Mahie Gill plays Mona Darling
Bindu’s iconic ‘Mona Darling’ act in ‘Zanjeer’ in 1973 is now being taken over by Mahie Gill, who admits the role is challenging but says she will pull it off. Ajit had played the arch-villain Teja in the original; for the remake, Prakash Raj has been roped in. Southern actor Ram Charan Tej, son of superstar Chiranjeevi, will step into Amitabh Bahchan’s shoes to play the Angry Young Man.

I was initially apprehensive about doing the part. I wondered if I’d be able to carry it off. It was director Apoorva Lakhia who convinced me. Now I’m very excited. To recreate the original vamp ‘Mona Darling’ of the 1970s for today’s audience is a challenge. And most of my scenes are with Prakash Raj who is a very good actor. I think I’ll be able to pull it off.

said Mahie, who recently wowed audiences with her bold avatar in ‘Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster’.
The culture of an overweight seductress went out with Bindu. While Bindu got away with slit dresses and body stockings in ‘Zanjeer, Mahie, we are told, would be doing some heavy duty lovemaking scenes with Prakash Raj and would also need to get into better shape for a bikini.


No comments:

Post a Comment